Subscribe to Topic

Would you like to be notified of updates to this Discussion Topic? Subscribe and you'll receive email updates of new posts.

Tag Topic

Join AIERwave

To make a comment or view the rest of the site, simply sign up for AIERwave here!

TTI paper is published

TTI paper is published

Posted by Natalia Smirnova on Dec 12, 2016 11:01 am

I am excited to let everyone know that my paper about AIER's Teach-the-Teachers program just came out in the Perspectives on Economic Education Research (PEER), peer-reviewed online journal. You can read it here, if you are interested.

Natalia V. Smirnova

Re: TTI paper is published

Posted by Kirk Harwood on Dec 30, 2016 3:03 pm

Natalia,

Congratulations on the PEER publication and the interesting paper on AIER's Teach the Teachers program. (How did the TTI acronym come about? I can see TTT or TTP, but TTI?)

I liked the lessons learned section particularly. What is the future of this program?

Posted by Natalia Smirnova on Jan 4, 2017 10:26 pm

Kirk,

Thank you for your comment and for reading my paper.

The "TTI" stands for Teach-the-Teachers Initiative. We started this initiative in 2014. Since then the title was shorten and we just say "Teach-the-Teachers" or "Teach-the-Teachers program".  But everyone who stood at the beginning of this initiative calls it "TTI".

The future of the program is bright. We continue to scale it at the national level. This summer (2017) we are going to St. Louis, Omaha, and Miami delivering our usual three-day program (described in the paper). You can see that the registration is open already on AIER web site.

Additionally, we are developing other approaches to scale the impact on teachers and students. I am starting collaborative relationships with various institutions including colleges and universities, school districts, foundations, Centers for Economic Education. We offer to provide one-day professional development workshops for these institutions, which might bring more teachers.

In any case, we are going strong with our TTI program.

Natalia V. Smirnova

Posted by Katy Delay on Jan 9, 2017 8:18 pm

Well done, Natalia!  Congratulations.